Well I am virgin blogger so this is kind of fun. I don't even know where to begin so I'll start off with the most exciting news in our family which is the addition of our sweet little baby girl Torrance Sienna Aston. She was born on Dec. 12 at 8:29 am and weighed 8lbs. 12oz, and was 20 inches long. Man was I sure surprised at how big she was and how much dark hair she had. It's amazing how you can instantly be in love with someone you've never met...in this life anyway.
The adjustment from single life to parenthood is a harsh,abrupt one, or at least it was for me. One day you can do whatever you want, the next two months you barely leave the house. They need to hand out books at the hospital that say these are the "dos"and these are the "don'ts", because when you get home you're suddenly like holy crap I don't know what the heck I'm doing and this little baby is depending on me for everything. Now that is scary. It amazes me that the human race has made it this far because I know there are worse parents out there than us and I feel pretty dang retarded these days. I think when they talk about birth control at school they should show a video of a baby with colic and have the actual parent talk about what it's like to be up all night listening to a child scream and not be able to soothe her. They should show what a newborn's feeding schedule is like and the cost of diapers and formula. They need to show real life so it will scare the kiddies into at least being safe if not into abstinence. Just my opinion though. I'm not saying that having a child should be seen as a horrible thing because it's not, the fun, happy moments far out weigh the trying times but people just need to be aware that not every moment is perfect and fun.
Anyway we're happy she's here finally and that she is healthy and cute. I'll put some pics and videos on once I figure out how. P.S. for anyone wondering, Cody is an awesome daddy and he is already whipped and gives her whatever she wants so we're in trouble! ;)
Kirl L. Davies
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment